Serving two dozen national and international cities, Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) connects Alaska with the world. Flights from Seattle and Salt Lake, Portland and Phoenix, Chicago and Minneapolis, make up some of the more than 240 daily flights arriving and departing daily from Alaska’s largest airport.
ANC is located just six miles from downtown Anchorage, about 15 minutes in a car, transportation from the airport is convenient by taxi, ride hailing service, hotel courtesy shuttles or People Mover bus. With on-site car rental facilities, a rail terminal for some cruise tour passengers, local shopping and restaurants, a surprising Alaska Native art collection, historic aircraft displays and a commanding view of the Chugach Mountains, the airport has moments as an attraction in its own right.
Carriers including Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Ravn Alaska, Grant Aviation, JetBlue, PenAir, Sun Country, and United Airlines use the south terminal, with international flights from Condor, Icelandair, and Yakutia Airlines arriving in the north terminal all summer long. Keep in mind that some airlines offer promotional deals for flights to Alaska, which typically can only be found on individual airlines’ websites. Before you depart, make sure you are prepared for the REAL ID Act.
Several hotel room blocks are available for the IMC-13 meeting at properties in downtown Anchorage. They include the following:
- Hilton Anchorage
- Rate(s) – $254/night for single, double, triple, quad, and suite occupancy
- Deadline – 16 June 2023
- Reservation Link – https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=ANCAHHF&groupCode=ASM&arrivaldate=2023-07-11&departuredate=2023-07-20&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
- Marriott Anchorage Downtown
- Rate(s) – $255/night for single, double, triple, or quad
- Deadline – 11 June 2023
- Reservation Link – https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1660338821617&key=GRP
- Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa
- Rate(s) – $215/night single and double; $225/night triple; $235/night quad
- Deadline – 11 June 2023
- Reservation Link – https://url.emailprotection.link/?b3XG85veUVYKbaIh1KFRmVowdKl_XXQQ4DOjJmnjHFgTRP5gNYur_9oWGKHD4gzn9fJuhO6HRgDnmKC0-p3yp6NDHsVo2QC1yYE_E-ARtl8a1RTLk5Zleh97B69Lq6MW_asW5HAyb8skobpCU5afLU7MqEnt7GQ0OYmkKrpI7FYY~
Note – State and local taxes are not included in the advertised hotel rates. They will be calculated on the hotel website during booking.
Dormitory room blocks are also being sought at the University of Alaska-Anchorage. A shuttle will be provided to and from the university and downtown Anchorage. Please check back later to receive the negotiated room rates.